The Shimano Windsor Wellington 2.0 Bike has been on the market since 2013 and each year Shimano comes up with a few tweaks to this already impressive 24-speed bike. The Windsor Wellington comes in differing sizes to suite anyone from 5’ to 6’ 4” in height, and with its aluminum frame, along with all the technological tweaks, it is sure to be a delight for your weekend biking.
Built to be a road bike
The Windsor Wellington 2.0 fits a price niche for the recreational and semi-serious road warrior. This is not meant to be a professional model bike, but is well suited for anyone looking for a good quality road bike and a reasonable price.
Compared to a comparable Trek bike, the Windsor Wellington comes in $400 to $500 less expensive. For price and quality, the Windsor Wellington 2.0 deserves a serious look.
Save 58% Today!!
Windsor Wellington 2.0 Video Review
Review of the Shimano Windsor Wellington 2.0 Bike
- The bike is a great price for a recreational or for semi-serious use.
- Overall, the bike is well made and will last a long time with minimal maintenance.
- The gear sprockets are changeable if there is a desire to go to a higher quality set.
- The bike is aesthetically pleasing and available in a number of colors to suite any taste.
- The pedals are all-metal and will quickly tear a lower priced shoe to shreds, so this may be one of the parts to think about changing from the get go.
- With a Cross-chain drive, the pedaling can be noisy and annoying.
- The brake pads are not the best quality, and this may be another thing to think about replacing right at the beginning.
Handlebar Mounted Shifters
Machined Wheel Sets
Good Quality Riding Seat
Range Of Colors
Assembling InformationWith some of the suppliers, the Windsor Wellington 2.0 comes about 90% assembled. Detailed instructions come with the bike, but some special tools are required that most may not have in the tool box. To get it exactly right, why not take the bike to a pro shop and have the experts put the rest together for you? This is one of the possible Do It Yourself projects that most of the suppliers suggest be left to the experts.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do I determine the right bike size for me?
- A good source of information on bike sizing can be found by clicking here or by going to the Bikes Direct.Com Site
- Is this a bike for the serious rider, or for people like me who want a good quality road bike that will last?
- The Windsor Wellington 2.0 is an excellent bike for the recreational and semi- serious road warrior. It is priced $400 – $500 below the competition, and presents great value for your money.
- Can parts be easily changed to suite specific riding tastes?
- Yes, parts like the seats, the gear sprockets and the pedals are easily changed, as well, the bike will easily take other add-ons, such as carry bags for your touring convenience.
- Where to Buy the Bike?
- There are some excellent sites where one can by the Windsor Wellington 2.0 and following is a list of some of the sites, all hyperlinked for you to choose from: Bikes Direct.Com – they offer super pricing and free shipping to the lower 48 states. Amazon.com – they offer excellent pricing and free shipping too. Bike Shop Warehouse – they offer excellent pricing and free shipping to the lower 48 states.
On Amazon, the Windsor Wellington has received a solid 3 out of 5 rating. After having looked at the bike and compared it to others that are in the similar price range, this bike gets a 4 out of 5. It is a good-looking bike, the quality of most of the components are excellent, with the exception of those listed under the Cons, and it is a good recreational bike for me.