If you are looking for an affordable mountain bike under $300 without compromising any feature, Nashbar AT1 29er Mountain Bike should be your top priority. In this price range, very few mountain bikes offer such features as this one. This mountain bike is great for beginners and casual cyclists who want to practice on rough terrains with all essential mountain bike facilities. This bike is fully upgradable, so you don’t need to worry about buying a new one for more functionalities.
STEEL HARDTAIL MTB FRAME
Frame is the backbone of a bike, so its durability and stability is a big factor for the safety of the biker. Nashbar AT1 29er is outfitted with steel hardtail frame. The frame is tall enough to maintain the rotational weight of the bike. The stiffness and durability of the steel frame helps the bike endure damages from years of use. Taller riders will like this bike very much. You can choose any from 3 different frame sizes: 17, 19, and 21. So you have the option to pick the size that suits you most. There is also a 75mm fork which will absorb shocks from any bumpy ride on a rough terrain giving you a comfortable biking experience.back to menu ↑
7 SPEED DRIVETRAIN
Nashbar AT1 29er Mountain Bike features 7 Speed Shimano drivetrain. Shimano components are all bikers’ favorite. Shimano 7-speed cassettes will give you enough flexibility to travel at your preferred speed. These gears perform very well on both flat and inclined surfaces. This bike comes equipped with Shimano TX-51 triple front derailleur, and Shimano Tourney 7-speed rear derailleur. Shimano Tourney Revo Shift (21-speed) shifters have been used on this bike.back to menu ↑
Wheels are the most overlooked components of a bike, but we must not forget that the overall performance of a bike depends on largely upon its wheels. Large wheels are always recommended for mountain biking. Because with same struggle, a 29-inch wheel covers more distance than a 26-inch wheel. You can beat any rough surface easily with its large 29-inch wheels. Large wheels have a longer height that can decrease striking angle while rolling over rocks and steps. Moreover, large wheels are excellent in containing forward momentum when you descend a steep hill. You can roll over any obstacles with ease with the help of these 29-inch wheels. You should also learn the advantages and drawbacks between a 26er and 29er bike before making your final decision.back to menu ↑
COMFORT & SAFETY:
The seat of this bike feels very comfortable to the users. The seat post is made of alloy. The height of the seat can be adjusted so that the biker can sit on it conveniently. The resin pedals won’t let your feet slip away so easily. The grips are made of Kraton rubber which allows you to control your bike with ease. Brakes are the life-saver, a good mountain bike must have reliable brakes that can prevent any accident. Nashbar AT1 29er Mountain Bike comes with Alloy V-brakes on which you can count on.back to menu ↑
The most exciting feature of this bike is its easy maintenance. Each component of this bike can be detached easily with the help of a bike multi-tools. You can perform regular repairs or upgrade any component if required.
- Excellent trail feedback from the steel hardtail framework.
- Large wheels help with forward momentum.
- Quality Shimano components have been used.
- It has powerful and reliable brakes.
- The seat is very comfortable.
- Each part can be replaced or upgraded.
- The price is within reach.
- This bike is heavier because of its steel construction.
- The manual lacks assembly instructions.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- What is its suspension type? Answer: It has a shock suspension in front.
- There is no assembly instruction. How can I assemble its parts? Answer: Assembly is very easy and simple like any other mountain bike. You can search online or go through this tutorial.
- Does the fork have a lockout? Answer: No, there is a dial to adjust the damping.
- How much does this bike cost? Answer: It costs $299.99 only, there is no extra shipping charge.
- Is it available in various color options? Answer: No, this bike comes in red only.
- Is there any weight limitation of this bike? Answer: It can withstand up to 300 pounds. Any load heavier than that may cause problems.
Nashbar AT1 29er is a complete mountain bike that comes at a reasonable price. Most users have given very nice feedbacks after using this bike. Considering its specs and customer feedback, this bike is obviously worth every penny.back to menu ↑
|Bike Type||Mountain Bike|
|Bottom Bracket||Square taper|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano TX-51 triple, 31.8mm clamp|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Tourney, 7-speed|
|Crankset||Prowheel, 48/38/28T, 7-speed|
|Frame||Elios 1 steel|