Imagine riding a bike on a bumpy road while holding the bike handle bars with your bare hands. Your hands all soared and stressed out by the journey will certainly be succumbed to injuries. Well fear not, your hands can now be protected with the help of mountain bike gloves. A variety of mountain bike gloves are available in the market. One can now easily choose the ones that suit him or her the best.
Types of Mountain bike gloves:
Well there are four basic types of mountain bike gloves available in the market: (1) half-finger gloves (2) full-finger gloves (3) three-finger gloves and (4) mittens/Pogies style gloves; each of them serves specific functions.
Half-finger gloves: Half-finger gloves are perfect for short adventures in hot and humid areas. The gloves are usually made of leather which makes them sweat absorbent. The half and half style of the gloves allows fingers to breathe through. The gloves are lightweight and at the same time durable in nature.
Full finger gloves: Full finger gloves are mainly preferred by professional athletes. These types of glove materials are usually of mixture leather and waterproof synthetics. These gloves can be used throughout all seasons. Moreover extra padding of the Full finger gloves gives bikers an added protection against crashes.
Three finger gloves: Three fingers gloves is an ideal product to use during fall and winter. The unique design of the gloves helps to keep the biker’s fingers warm and toasty without compromising the ventilation factor.
Mittens/pogies: Pogie gloves are usually shaped as mittens. They are waterproof and are directly attached to the handle bars of the mountain bikes. Pogies ensure that the biker has a safe ride and does not suffer from frostbite as well.
The Best Mountain bike glove reviews
The best mountain bike gloves that are preferred by the athletes are the full-finger ones. Here are some of the reviews of the best brands that are producing full-finger gloves.
Zooki Cycling Gloves./Biking Gloves
Zooki Cycling Gloves/Biking Gloves are made of Lycra fabric. Lycra is widely known for its elasticity. The glove has three dimensional tailoring of the gloves allows it to hold a great deal of moisture. The fabric is breathable. The palm pad is made up of special thick material which not only absorbs shock but also restricts the numbness of the hand.
- Breathable material
- Reflective strip to increase visibility
- Finger loops/ drawstrings makes the process of getting the gloves on and off easy
- The towel like material covering the back and side of the thumbs of the gloves is useful for absorbing excess amount of sweats.
- Although the gloves are comfortable they have issues with durability
- The rubber grip on the palm is a bit rigid
Vbiger Outdoor Strategic Gloves for Mountain cycling
Vbiger Outdoor Strategic Gloves for Mountain Cycling are made up of super fibre and loaded with ton of useful features. The tightness of the gloves can be adjusted to the cyclist comfortable level. The synthetic leather material used in the finger parts of the gloves makes it extra durable. Moreover the full finger design of this glove makes sure that the fingers of the user do not become numb. The double layer back of the gloves can be adjusted according to the size of the wrist making it safe and comfortable.
- The tightness level of the gloves can be adjusted depending the comfort level
- The gloves are durable, comfortable and safe
- The XL size is not sufficiently big enough for some people with large hands.
Masione Padded Ventilated Bike Gloves
Masione Padded Ventilated Bike gloves are made of nylon. The palm material restricts abrasion and allows ample amount of ventilations. The gloves have a separate friction pad that helps to reduce vibrations. The fingers have ventilation holes making the gloves lightweight as well as comfortable. The Velcro strap of the gloves which are made of microfiber a soft, comfortable and durable material, makes the process of taking the gloves on and off easier.
- The gloves are made of quality material
- It is durable
- It is comfortable and safe
- The gloves provide sufficient ventilation to the bikers hands
- Even though the gloves are made up of good quality material, the padding on the palm is inadequate.
Fox Racing Reflex Gel Mountain Bike Gloves
Fox Racing Reflex Gel Mountain Bike Gloves has silicone grip finger tip. It is lightweight and flexible. It also has gel palm inserts which are comfortable when gripping handle bars. Moreover these gloves are shock absorbent. The gloves help reduce numbness of the hands of its users. It also has double layer clarion palm.
- The gloves have an attractive design
- The gloves have gel pads thus comfortable to use
- The gloves are made of good quality material and highly durable
- They have a good ventilation system
- Velcro straps become loose easily
Firelion Outdoor Full Finger Gel Touch Screen Mountain Biking Gloves
Firelion Outdoor Full Finger Mountain Biking Gloves contain gel pad and the material is breathable. Moreover these gloves are compatible to the touch screen of a smartphone, this special feature helps the bikers to use their cellphones without going through the hassle of removing the gloves. The gloves are soft and comfortable.
- Padding on the palm is sufficient enough
- Touch sensitive index and thumbs makes the gloves smartphones compatible which these days really a necessity.
- The gloves have a good ventilation system
- Velcro straps on the gloves makes it easier for the gloves to fit easily
- The gloves are thin and lightweight thus allows ton of ventilation
- The padding on the palm could get torn off easily if not used carefully
Mountain bike gloves are not just an accessory; it has become a sure sort necessity for the cyclist who loves to adventure out in the woods every now and then. Selection of a right mountain bike gloves can elevate the biking experience of a cyclist to a great extent by ensuring his or her proper security and comfort.