The 2015 Edgewood Complete Hybrid Bike from Diamondback Bicycles combines top-notch performance with lots of innovative features.
Suspension-tuned for anything ranging from a ride round to block to traversing rough rural roads, the shifts are silky-smooth to give you a comfortable ride that certainly won’t rattle your bones.
The hand-crafted carbon frame and fork are tough, long-lasting and designed to support massive weight. This 20-speed beauty has aero-disk brakes and large 700c fat tires and combines amazing functionality with classy good looks.
Save 0% Today!!!
Let’s take a squint at the main features of the 2015 Edgewood Hybrid. Each one of them is designed for precise handling, smooth riding and durability.
Tough Light-Weight FrameDB 6061 T6 Butted Aluminum alloy sport hybrid geometry frame with formed tubes and replaceable hanger is really the core competency of this bike, and this combines superbly with the suspension to provide superior comfort. The low standover height makes for easy on-off for a range of heights and the prototypal geometry gives you a smooth, safe ride every time. Handlebars are 50mm steel riser.
These high quality components ensure that you’ll be to love and keep your bike for a long time to come. The simple, put-together features and easy assembling make it a popular choice for families and people of all ages. You only require a set of basic tools that you’d have lying round the house to fix just the wheels and handlebars – plus you get that little extra kick out of knowing that you built it yourself!back to menu ↑
Comfort positioningThe sport hybrid geometry also makes for upright pedaling position because of the slightly higher built-in head tubes and this makes the bike truly yours even over long distances. Adjustable flat handlebars plus nice padded DB deluxe hybrid big cushy saddle with suspension seatpost that’s kind to your butt, while the comfy ellipse-shaped grips are soft on your hands.
The 63mm Travel Sport comfort front suspension really helps! Safety features abound, with Tektro alloy linear-pull brakes for fail-safe stops.
Edgewood Complete Hybrid Bike
Review of Diamondback 2015 Edgewood Complete Hybrid Bike
Effortless gear shift
The 21-speed derailleur drivetrain incorporates Shimano components to make for smooth sailing up the steepest of slopes, with dial-up speed features on flats.
Shimano EF 51 trigger-shifters make for velvety gear shifts, as intuitive as pedaling!
- Great riding position and Sturdy frame geometry
- Very comfortable over long distances: The seat, suspension and grips provide relaxation and pleasure
- Easy to Assemble
- Reliable brakes
- Light-weight frame makes it convenient to load on to cars and public transport
- Smooth flawless gear shift
- Good gear ratios
- Suitable for people of different height/weight/age
- No kick-stand – it has to be purchased separately
- No assembly tools included
- Tires may puncture easily
- The manual doesn’t give enough details about tuning
- Gears tend to groan when chain not fully stretched
- Better on paved roads
- Rims are poor quality
For reliable grip and cornering traction, your Diamondback 2015 Edgewood Complete Hybrid Bike is fitted with 700x40c Kenda Cross tires that roll swift and smooth, whether it’s on city pavements or bumpy country roads. The Diamondback comfort platform pedals give you maximum traction and riding comfort.
The tires provide fast, smooth riding on paved roads, with the SSW700 double tunnel alloy rims add durability and strength.back to menu ↑
One feature that gives this bike the edge is the Sport Comfort 63mm hybrid suspension fork that irons out every little bump on the road and gives you that riding on a cloud experience. The versatility, responsiveness and reliability on different terrains make this a bike that’s ready to go whenever you are!
Apart from these features, the bike has great maneuverability and is ideal for daily commutes garnished with the occasional weekend bike trail trips. The front suspension won’t let you down when you decide to do a little jumping on and off pavements.
The confidence-inspiring geometry makes it ideal for people of all shapes, weights and sizes to feel secure and comfortable atop this set of wheels. Read more .
The product comes partly assembled and requires only fixing of handlebars and suspension. Instructions are provided in the manufacturer’s website .
The instructions are quite simple and easy to follow:
- Open the box carefully
- Remove saddle, seat-post and bike
- Take out the small parts box
- Carefully remove the bike from the packing materials
- Follow assembling instructions very carefully. Apply grease if required. You need basic tools like hex wrench etc.
- When assembly is complete, go through all the fitted parts carefully once more to ensure that they are properly tightened and aligned.
- If you’re not confident of doing this job yourself, take it to a bike shop/mechanic.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Why should I buy a hybrid?
- It depends on what you plan to do with your bike – neighborhood ride, work-commute, bike trails, etc. If you plan to do a little bit of everything, then a hybrid works best.
- What makes the Diamondback 2015 Edgewood Complete Hybrid Bike so popular?
- Easy assembly, great good looks, tough, light-weight frame and suspension, good value for money, smooth gear shift, cutting-edge technology, suitable for people of different heights/weights. Easy to upgrade. Great family bike. Combines comfort, stability and versatility.
- Do the Giordano Libero 1.6 Men’s bike ready for a tour?
- It is entry level though it does not mean you can’t ride it with the more professional bikes. The bike was made for entry level bikers who have tight budget. Of course, every bikers want their bikes to trek a tour’s trail – so you can!
- Is it comfortable?
- Sport Comfort suspension and DB Deluxe saddle make for a soft, cushioned ride, while the comfy grips are soft on hands.
The Diamondback 2015 has received great reviews from users. Bloggers and professional bikers love its features and one user has placed it first on the top of the list of Best Bikes of 2015 .
The reviewer states that the Diamondback Edgewood is a great purchase for those who plan to drive round the neighborhoods and enjoy the ease and comfort it provides.
Amazon which sells the Diamondback 2015 also has some very satisfied customers.
Some customers like its looks, handling and versatility, while others are delighted with its stylish good looks. Large-sized customers have lauded the comfort and smoothness of the ride, while older customers find it easy and simple to operate.
Where To Buy
All authorized Diamondback Bicycles dealers stock the product. You can find the nearest one by using the link provided on the website.
On-line authorized retailers are also listed by the manufacturer. They include retailers like Amazon.com .
Specialty bike retailers like Performance Bike also sell the product on-line .